By wpunGPTpayday loans
CSIR-FRI offers comprehensive chemical and microbiological analytical services to the local beverage, food, feed and brewing industries. The tests are carried out in accordance with both national and international accepted quality standards. Standard methods are used for almost all our analyses.
CSIR-FRI/PTB project to provide accreditation for mycotoxin analysis at the CSIR-FRI. Sensory evaluation analysis for the food industry. Food processing and Preservation laboratory services (e.g water activity, textureanalysis and shelf life studies)
The food microbiology laboratory has accreditation to (lSO/IEC17025:2005) for 11 microbiological methods. This was granted by the South Africa National Accreditation System (SANAS)
1.Enumeration of yeasts and moulds. ISO 7954.1987 (E)
2.Detection and enumeration of presumptive Escherichia coli. -Most Probable NumberTechnique ISO 72512005 (E).
3.Detection of Salmonella, NMKL No. 71.1999, 5th Ed. Method. AOAC 920.39C (2000)
4.Coliform bacteria detection in food NMKL No.44, 2004 6th Ed.
5.Determination ofBacillus cereus in food NMLK N. 67, 2003 5th Ed
6.Determination of aerobic microorganisms in foods at 30 C NMKL No.86, 2006, 4th Ed.
7.Thermo-tolerant coliform bacteria and Escherichia coli Enumeration in food and feed NMKL No. 125,2005 4th Ed.
8.Enterococcus determination in food. NMKL No.68, 20044th Ed.
9.Aerobic microorganisms and presumptive NMKL No.5,2001 5th Ed.
10.Enterobacteriae-Enumeration on surfaces and utensils aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in canned food NMKL No. 59,2004 3th Ed.
11.Enumeration of coagulate positive Staphylococcus aureus in food. NMKL No. 66,2003
• Quality control of raw materials, intermediate and finished products
• Determination of indicator organisms, pathogenic micro-organisms such as Salmonella and Vibrio and specific spoilage organisms
• Identification of bacteria, yeasts and moulds
• Testing for sterility & the Evaluation of efficacy of disinfectants in food hygiene
2 and 5 litre fermentor, Freezer dryer, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) machine, Denaturing Gradient Gel Equipment (DGGE), Pulse field Gel Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis.
CSIR-FRI offer comprehensive chemical analytical services to the local beverage, food, feed and brewing industries.
Commodities tested include: Fish and fish products, chocolate and cocoa products, water, fruit juices and soft drinks, biscuits, toffees, dairy products, poultry products, spices, flavorings, condiments and vegetables.
We have been granted accreditation to ISO/IEC17025:2005 by South Africa National Accreditation System (SANAS) for the following chemical analysis:
1. Moisture determination in food and feed-Air Over Method AOAC 925.10 (1990)
2. Protein in food and feed-Kjeldahl method AOAC 984.13 (1990)
3. Fat (crude) or ether extract in food and animal feed-Soxhelt method AOAC 920.39 C (2000)
4. Determination of Ash in dried food and feed AOAC 923.03 (2000)
Determination of alcohol, total extracts, acidity, sugars, total soluble solids etc.
mycotoxin, milk solid non fat, sulphite, theobromine, benzoate, Wet Gluten (wheat Flour), carbohydrate& energy, saponification value, iodine value, and impurities. Other tests include impurities (feed/powdery samples), unsaponifiable matter, iron, acid Insoluble Ash, Water soluble ash, Alkalinity of soluble ash, Salt: (NaCI, Sulphate, Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine), Caffeine, Bromate, Urease Activity, Aflatoxin, Free Fatty Acids, Peroxide Value, Impurities (oil), Impurities (water insoluble), Calcium, Phosphorus, Esters, Aldehydes, Starch, and Crude fibre. Determination of alcohol, total extract, acidity, sugars, total soluble solids are also done.
The analytical work in the Food Chemistry Laboratory is carried out in accordance with both national and internationally accepted standards.
• Gas chromatograph (GC) equipped with a sniffing pot
• Gas chromatograph equipped with a mass spectrometer (GCMS)
• High performance liquid chromate-graphs (HPLC)
• Atomic absorption spectrophotometer (AAS)